Chit, Supply, & Initiative
- Supply Phase: Fine
- Initiative Phase:
- Allies d10=1(2), Axis d10=2.
- Reroll: Allies d10=7(8), Axis d10=6. Allies force Germans to go first and use up one of their turns.
- Axis pulls FBB but not available until tonight.
- Axis activates Pzr Lehr in 1513 ➔ 0914 for 8MP
- Allies pull Extra Move chit
- Allies pull 2nd Arm
- Allies 2nd Arm in 1204 ➔ 0805 for 6MP + 6MP (m.atk) on Pzr Lehr in 0706.
- 15A/8D, -1 woods, +1 day, 1-1 CRT/ 0 DRM, d10=10, /RD. Pzr Lehr retreats to 0807 disrupted.
- Allies 2nd Arm in 1900 ➔ 2608 for 12MP
- Allies 2nd Arm in 1500 ➔ 2508 for 12MP
- Allies 2nd Arm in 1811 ➔ 2509 for 9MP + 3MP (l.atk) into 2609 2nd Pzr SP/AT with 2nd Arm in 2609 for Assist
- 23A/5D, -2 light, -1 woods, +1 day, 3-1 CRT/ -2 DRM, d10=9(7). /RD. 2nd Pzr retreats to 2511 disrupted.
- Allies 2nd Arm recon in 1300 ➔ 1006 for 12MP
- German pulls Night Replacement chit
- German pulls Combat Chit
- German pulls 2nd Pzr
- German 2nd Pzr recon in 2611 ➔ 2212 for 7.5M
- German 2nd Pzr in 2711 ➔ 2610 for 0.5MP
- Allies pull Day Replacement
- Allies pull 84th Inf
- Allies use replacement to place a 84th bn in 3206
- Allies use extra move to activate 2nd arm in 0805 ➔ 0806 for 1MP + 9MP (h.atk) into 0807 disrupted Pzr Lehr.
- 15A/8D, +1 heavy, +2 disrupted, 1-1 CRT/ +3 DRM, d10=2(5), no effect
- Allies activate 2nd arm in 2509 instead ➔ 2410 for 3MP + 9MP (h.atk) into 2511 disrupted 2nd Pzr SP/AT.
- 15A/5D, +2 disrupted, +1 heavy, 3-1 CRT/ +3 DRM, d10=1(4). /R, 2nd Pzr retreats to 2612
- German pulls Pzr Lehr
- German Pzr Lehr in 0914 ➔ 0310 for 9MP
- German Pzr Lehr in 0807 ➔ 0512 for 9MP
- Allies pull combat chit
- Allies pull 4th Cav Rgt
- Allies activate 2nd arm in 0806 instead ➔ 0606 for 2.5MP + 9MP (h.atk) into 0507 against Pzr Lehr recon
- 15A/5D, -1 woods, +1 heavy, -1 river, +1 Allies combat chit, -1 German combat chit. 3-1 CRT/ -1 DRM, d10=9(8). /SL+R. Pzr Lehr recon eliminated. 2nd arm advance into 0507
- Allies pull Allied Air
- Allies pull 2nd Arm
- Allies use Air Attack on Pzr Lehr in 0508 in Falmignoul. d10=6(4), disrupted.
- Allies 2nd Arm recon in 1006 ➔ 0607 for 6MP + 6MP (m.atk) into 0508 Falmignoul with Pzr Lehr defending.
- 21A/8D, -2 town, +2 disrupted. 2-1 CRT/ 0 DRM, d10=5. /R, retreats to 0510.
- Allies 2nd Arm in 2507 ➔ 2509 for 2.5MP + 9MP (h.atk) into 2510 disrupted Pzr Lehr
- 15A/8D, +2 disrupted. 1-1 CRT/ +2 DRM, d10=3(5), no effect
- Allies 2nd Arm in 2410 ➔ 2511 for 1MP + 9MP (h.atk) into 2610 2nd Pzr
- 15A/5D, +1 heavy, 3-1 CRT/ +1 DRM, d10=7(8). /SL+R, retreats to 2712
- Allies 2nd Arm in 2508 ➔ 2609 for 2MP + 9MP (h.atk) into 2710 Marloie against 2nd Pzr
- 15A/8D, -1 village, +1 heavy, 1-1 CRT/ 0 DRM, d10=2. 2nd Arm disrupted.
- Allies 2nd Arm in 2608 ➔ 2709 for 4MP + 6MP (m.atk) into Marloie against 2nd Pzr. Add disrupted 2nd Arm in 2609 for help.
- 23A/8D, -1 village, -2 disrupted, 2-1 CRT/ -3 DRM, d10=7(4). SL both sides.
- Allies pull UK 29th Arm
- 29th Arm in 0313 ➔ 0210 for 5MP + 6MP (m.atk) into 0310 against Pzr Lehr
- 8A/2D, 0 mods. 3-1 CRT/ 0 DRM, d10=8, SL/R. Pzr Lehr eliminated
Recovery & Victory Points
0VPs for Germany as US 2nd Arm chased them away from Meuse river
Thoughts on Turn Four
Well, that was a disappointing Christmas for the Allies. Yes, the 2nd Armor Division chased away all the Panzer Lehr units away from the Meuse river, denying them points. Yes, the 2nd Armor Division also fast-tracked to Marche and Marloie to reinforce the faltering 84th Infantry Division. And yes it was great when the 29th Armour (with a "u") Division eliminated a Panzer Lehr unit.
This is all very good news. But so many rolls only resulted in disrupting the Germans and not more. I thought the five action phases for the Allies compared to the German's three would create more devastating results. I'm learning that the CRT can be really rough if you don't have superior firepower... but that's a given too right? I mean, I took aggressive risks with 1-1 CRT rolls. I even took one with -3 DRM just so I could keep pressing forward.
And what is up with there being no 4-1 CRT? Lame.
It's Christmas night next and the Germans have 4APs to the Allies 3AP. Let's see what happens.