Chit, Supply, & Initiative
- Supply Phase - all fine
- Initiative Phase - Allies d10=6, German d10=4(5). Allies choose to go second.
- German pulls "Night Replacement"
- German 2nd Pzr. SP/AT in 2711 ➔ 2510 for 5MP, infiltrate into 2609 for 5MP, d10=5(8), success!
- German 2nd Pzr. in 2911 ➔ 2711 for 5MP + 6MP (m.atk) into 2710 Marloie 2x84th Inf. bns, with 2nd Pzr. in 2810, 2610, and SP/AT in 2607.
- 36A/14D, -1 Village, +1 Night. 2-1 CRT/0 DRM, d10=2, no effect
- German 2nd Pzr. in 2810 (h.atk) into 2710 Marloie as above, same buddies.
- 31A/14D, -1 village, +1 night, +1 heavy. 2-1 CRT/+1 DRM, d10=3(4), 1SL both sides. 2nd Pzr. -1SL, 1x84th eliminated
- German 2nd Pzr. in 2610 (h.atk) into 2710 Marloie as above, same buddies.
- 23A/7D, same DRMs, 3-1 CRT/+1 DRM, d10=10(11). 84th eliminated. 2nd Pzr. advances into 2710 Marloie
- Allies pulls 84th Inf Div
- Allies 84th Inf bn in 2808 Marche ➔ 2910 for 2MP + 1MP (l.atk) into 2810 2nd Pzr.
- 5A/2D, -2 light, 2-1 CRT/ -2 DRM, d10=8(6), 2nd Pzr. Disrupted.
- Allies 84th Inf bn in 2808 Marche ➔ 2910 for 2MP + 1MP (l.atk) into 2810 2md Pzr.
- 7A/2D, -2 light, +2 disrupted, 3-1 CRT/0 DRM, d10=1, no effect
- Allies 84th Inf bn in 2908 ➔ 2809 Marche
- Allies 84th Inf bn in 3206 ➔ 3107
- Allies 84th Inf bn in 2409 ➔ 2509 for 1MP, infiltrate into 2608, +2 night, +1 infantry, d10=5(8), success, move into 2708
- Allies 84th Inf bn 2209 ➔ 2409 for 2MP
- German pulls Pzr. Lehr
- German uses replacement. 2nd Pzr. recon placed in 2611 Hargimont
- German Pzr. Lehr in 1614 ➔ 0814 for 12MP through Beauraing
- German Pzr. Lehr in 1611 ➔ 0906 for 12MP through Celles
- German Pzr. Lehr in 2113 Rochefort ➔ 1311 for 12 MP through Eprave
- German Pzr. Lehr in 2216 ➔ 1712 for 12MP through Rochefort and Eprave
- Allies pull "Extra Move"
- Allies pull "Day Replacement"
- Allies pull "Combat Chit"
- Allies pull 4th Cav. Rgt.
- Allies use extra move with 2nd Armo in 2009 ➔ 1811 for 3MP + 6MP (m.atk)
- 15A/5D, -1 woods, +1 combat chit, 3-1 CRT/0 DRM, d10=9, Pzr. Lehr -1SL/RD ➔ 1813 in Eprave
- Allies 4th Cav. Rgt. in 1709 Mont Gauthier ➔ 1110
- German pulls 116th Panzer
- German 116th Panzer in 3310 ➔ 3010 for 3MP + 9MP (h.atk) into 2910 where 84th inf. is
- 11A/8D, -1 woods, +1 night, +1 heavy. 1-1 CRT/ +1 DRM, d10=4(5), no effect
- German 116th Panzer in 3011 ➔ 2911 for 0.5MP + 9MP (h.atk) into 2910 84th, with 116th Pzr. in 3010
- 17A/8D, same mods as above. 2-1 CRT/ +1 DRM, d10=2(3), no effect
- German 116th Panzer recon in 3211 ➔ 3009 for 5MP + 6MP (m.atk) into 2910, with 116th Pzr. In 2911 and 3010
- 19A/8D, same mods but medium. 2-1 CRT/ 0 DRM, d10=9, 1SL/R. 1x84th eliminated, 1x84th retreats back to 2808 Marche, disrupted thru EZOC.
- German pulls Pzr. Lehr again
- German Pzr. Lehr in 0814 ➔ 0508 in Falmignoul for 6MP
- German Pzr. Lehr in 0906 ➔ 0505 for 5MP
- German Pzr. Lehr in 1311 ➔ 0706 for 10MP through Celles
- German Pzr. Lehr in 1813 Eprave ➔ 1513 for 8MP
Recovery & Victory Points
Germans score 3VP for 3 units next to Meuse
Thoughts on Turn Three
I made a huge mistake as allies by seeking vengeance after the German's first action phase. They took Marloie, they were exhausted, and there was one 2nd Panzer unit with a step loss. Figured two 84th infantry units could take it down. Bad rolls ensued. (Also, missed the rule exception that only three 84th units can be activated. d'oh.)
Obviously, when the 116th Panzer came up... they had to chew up the 84th. Which is what they did, with one eliminated and one retreating back to Marche.
On the German side, Panzer Lehr made a speed run towards the river Meuse. We got three units there, so 3VPs! The Allies did activate an extra move using 2nd Armor to hunt down a Panzer Lehr, but it was not enough. Also - I forgot I could activate a separate unit versus the formation indicated when I pull an action chit. I wouldn't have used the 4th Cavalry. They were useless.
It's devastating seeing Germany's 4APs vs Allie's 2APs and how much they could do. Well, tomorrow is Christmas and the Allies have 5APs to fix this huge mess.